Saturday, September 10, 2005

Ben Franklin

Dear Ray,
 
I taught English at Franklin from 81-87, and my first thoughts when I saw New Orleans inundated by water were of Diego (or Mr. Gonzalez to be formal).  He is the best example of an excellent teacher I've evern known, and I worried that he might be among those who were/are stranded--or worse.  If anyone knows how to reach him in Chicago, I would appreciate receiving that information. 
 
I am also eager to know the whereabouts of Madame Alford.
 
I hope all the students whom I knew are safe somewhere.  If anyone ended up in the Los Angeles area and needs help with anything, please let me know.
 
My university, CSULA, is waiving out-of-state  tuition for college students whose education has been interrupted because of Katrina.  If any of Franklin students' relatives decide to take advantage of that, please let me know.  I can help with paperwork and some temporary housing, food, etc.
 
Thank you so much for organizing this space.
Marilyn Elkins   
 
 
Marilyn Elkins
EarthLink Revolves Around You.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home