Monday, September 19, 2005

Hi All and good luck

Hi Ray,
Thanks for doing this. It is good to read the news of old friends.

Hi Denise,
I hope I will get to return to your classroom to talk about careers in
oceanography sometime SOON. Unfortunately I hear the new building is in
a bad - wet - place. But I am really glad to hear you and your family
are well.

Hi All,
My dad and sister Marie (class of '81) evacuated from NO to various
places and are now staying with me in Houma. Both plan to go back to
New Orleans ASAP, but will likely return until the city is in better
condition. Dad lives a few blocks from the old Franklin and I viewed
aerials taken Sept 3 - that area is high and dry, including the
courthouse. Marie was worried about money as she depends on her massage
clientele, but is doing really well here in Houma because so many relief
staff need massages. She is one of few in Houma trained in Thai
Massage.

I work at the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium in Chauvin, LA in
Terrebonne Parish - it did not flood (thank goodness), but does need a
new roof.

I am close to New Orleans if anyone needs anything. Just hollar.

Jessie

********************************************************************
Jessica A. Kastler, Ph.D.
Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
8124 Highway 56
Chauvin, LA 70344

985-851-2848 phone
985-851-2874 fax
jkastler@lumcon.edu
********************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home